Subject: Re: Modeling Rocks
From: [email-masked] (Robert Cohen)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 1996 19:30:33 -0500

>Has any one come up with a way to model a large scale rock outcropping?
>I'm trying to model a rock wall as you might see in a quarry.  I need it
>to look smooth in places and still show hard edges in other areas.  We've
>all done the Asteroid tutorial, but I'm looking for something with more
>detail, i.e., small cracks, chips, etc. on a large rock face.  I could
>use an image map, but I need to move past it. :(
>TIA
>-Eric

>Eric Case                      INTERNET: [email-masked]

I would create a very high density (polygon count) plane and use your image
map as BOTH an image map AND a displacment map...  Make sure that you have the
same size settings (use autosize) from both...

 _ __                         __
' )  )     /         _/_     /  )     /
 /--' ____/____  __  /      /    ____/_  _  __   Lightwave Animator
/  \_(_) /_) (<_/ (_(__    (__/ (_) / /_(<_/) )  [email-masked]